So I am a slow reader when it comes to most books. It’s not that I do not like the book, I simply just take in every word, despite not always wanting to, especially when it comes to words like the and so.
With that I have only finished 3 books since the last edition of What I’m Reading. And only 1 of them was on that list. I know it’s bad right? No, it’s more like other books caught my eye.
As for right now I’m reading:
- Clover House by Henriette Lazaridis- I’m almost done with this historical fiction book. I have about 90 pages left and I’m looking forward to seeing how it ends.
- Lucky Alan and Other Stories by Jonathan Lethem- I just checked this book out of the library last night, along with the other two in the picture. I started reading this one though, hoping to get back into reading short stories. I enjoy writing short stories so I figured I should read more of them.
As for the other books on the first edition, I am still reading them. Hopefully I will finish them soon. I usually read more in the Winter, Spring, and Fall than I do in the Summer anyway.
Here are some books I am hoping to read soon, in addition to those from the last What I’ Reading post.
- Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck- I have read this book before but it is one of my favorites. Rereading books we love is totally acceptable.
- The Interestings by Meg Wolitzer- This has been on my to-read list for awhile. Time to get reading.
- The Marriage Plot by Jeffery Eugenides- The book is sitting on my nightstand taunting me .
- My Salinger Year by Joanna Rakoff- I pick up this book every time I see it.
Hopefully between now and the next edition of this post I will have read more than 3 books. Until then!